Wharf Residential Development
Provectus were invited to work with a local developer to prepare this former sand and gravel pit site for residential development.
The site was a mixture of warehouses including hardstanding, wooded areas and a rifle range to the south. A public footpath provided the boundary along one edge of the site and had to be maintained throughout the duration of the project.
- Asbestos removal from building and some fragments on surface
- Oil tank removal and associated interceptors, sumps or drain lines
- Removal of concrete water tower
- Break out and crushing of over 3,000m3 site won materials
- Bioremediation of hydrocarbon/solvent impacted soil
- In situ treatment of Chlorinated solvents
- MMP to ensure zero import/export of usable materials
- Re-grading site to agreed platform levels to allow development
- Decommissioning of redundant groundwater abstraction well to current environmental agency guidelines
- Re-profiling the western boundary slope to enable future infrastructure
The works have enabled redevelopment for 86 residential units and 2 blocks of flats.