Remediation works complete on a former Bedford Truck Factory for massive speculative distribution centre.
Provectus were appointed to deliver a fixed price remedial strategy that had been designed by the client's retained consultants.
Works included the following:
- Hand Picking of Asbestos Containing Materials including safe and controlled removal to a suitably licensed landfill.
- Peripheral monitoring of potentially airborne respirable fibres was undertaken on a bi-weekly basis prior to and during works to demonstrate a safe method of work.
- Verification sampling during and post cut and fill operations of made ground.
- Excavation and removal of large underground fuel tank structures with subsequent soil sampling of tank voids.
- Groundwater remediation/LNAPL recovery of free phase material, which included the installation of 24 LNAPL recovery boreholes, groundwater/SVE treatment systems and subsequent pump and treat of LNAPL/Contaminated groundwater.
- Following LNAPL/contaminated groundwater removal rebound monitoring was undertaken over a nine month period. No increases in vapour concentrations or free product thicknesses were recorded therefore the remediation has been a success with no further works considered necessary.